555 S Howes St, Second Floor
Fort Collins, CO 80523-6004
(970) 491-MyHR (6947)


Employee Self-Service (ESS)



Employee Self-Service is designed to provide you high quality service at any time. This web-based resource provides access to certain aspects of your employment information – all while supporting CSU’s Go Green sustainability initiative!

On-Campus: ESS is accessed via the Administrative Applications and Resources (AAR) portal. If you have issues logging in, click here for assistance.

Off-Campus: You can access ESS by logging into and selecting AAR from the Bookmarks tab. You may need to establish two-factor authentication prior to accessing the secure portal. Learn more at

A list of the available features in ESS are highlighted below. Available options will vary based upon your appointment type and benefits eligibility, if applicable. Some items can be updated while others are view only. 



  • Address and telephone number
  • Direct deposit details
  • Faculty, Administrative Professionals and non-classified staff: insurance information including dependents and beneficiaries
    • (State Classified employees initiate insurance changes through the State's online benefit system BenefitSolver)
  • Demographic information (marital status)
  • Faculty, Administrative Professionals and non-classified staff: mid-year qualifying event benefit changes
  • Preferred last name changes
  • Legal name changes with proper official documentation (approved in workflow by department)
  • W-4 tax withholding
  View Only
  • Demographic information (date of birth)
  • W-2 Form
  • Job profile and earnings history
  • Pay advices
  • Disability status, veteran status, and race/ethnicity self-identification
  • Leave balances

Instructional Navigation

  To log in to ESS, use Internet Explorer to go to, select the HR System link, and then click on CSU Employee Self-Service. The menu will then expand for you to review and choose the activity you wish to perform.

Personal Information

You may initiate updates in ESS for the following options

Direct Deposit Management

W-4 Tax Form

CSU Benefits

Faculty, Administrative Professionals and non-classified staff: provide official documentation to Human Resources to initiate a mid-year insurance change.

Leave Balances Report


Need Assistance?

  Contact Human Resources at (970) 491-MyHR (6947) or