Leave Reporting Responsibilities
Current Employees, Managers & Supervisors
- Obtain approval from your supervisor before using leave, whenever possible.
- Accurately report actual leave use to your supervisor.
- Use leave in accordance with University and State rules and policies.
- "Borrowing" unaccrued leave from future months is prohibited.
- When an employee must be out of the office but has no accrued leave to cover the absence, he should discuss the use of Leave Without Pay with his supervisor.
- Maintain accurate records of leave taken.
- Approve leave (i.e., annual, sick, funeral, military, jury duty, family medical) consistent with University and State rules and policies.
- Apply leave practices consistently and fairly.
- Exceptions may occur when an individual employee is under corrective or disciplinary action.
- Maintain accurate records of leave approved and taken.
- Update leave requests as circumstances dictate.
- Report employee leave use in the HR System monthly.
- Notify employees of and maintain records in accordance with the federal Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), when applicable.
- The use of administrative leave for State Classified employees not specifically authorized in the HR Manual, Section 3 requires the approval of the HR Director.
- Refer to the Academic Faculty& Administrative Professional Manual, Section F for information on the use of administrative or special leaves for Faculty and Administrative Professional employees.
- Generally, leaves (paid or unpaid) are not authorized for other types of employees. Exceptions may include:
- Family Medical Leave (FML)
- Military Leave